We have answered some of the basic questions about the Parade and the Festival.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PARADE
- What day is the Parade?
Sunday, September 16.
- Are pets allowed on the parade route?
Yes, but please be aware that some areas along the parade route can become very crowded and cumbersome for pets.
- Are coolers allowed on the parade route?
- Can I bring a pop-up tent?
Not in the congested areas of the parade route. Personal pop-up tents are no longer permitted on the parade route prior to Oak Lawn Ave. Only pre-approved merchant tents will be allowed. If you would like to set up a tent, we suggest you use Cedar Springs Rd. between Oak Lawn Avenue and Turtle Creek Blvd. Look for the “No Tents” signage to assist you with correct placement areas.
- Can I bring folding camping chairs?
Yes. Adequate pedestrian pathways must be honored. You cannot block sidewalks.
- Can I bring a grill or BBQ to cook with along the parade route?
No. This is a city code and will be enforced. Tickets may be issued.
- What time does the Parade start?
- How long does the parade last?
About 2 1/2 hours.
- Where do I park?
Parking is an issue. Some paid lots are available. Street parking fills up fast. For later arrivals, some street parking may be found around Lemmon Ave., Maple Ave. or north of the Tollway on Cedar Springs Road.
- How about DART transit?
DART bus line 29 serves Maple Ave (4 blocks from parade route). Bus line 31 serves Lemmon Ave (4 blocks from parade route). Bus line 39 serves Cedar Springs Road (remember, buses will be re-routed during the parade). Crosstown line 409 serves Oak Lawn Ave (remember, buses will be re-routed during the parade). All DART transit will be running on a Sunday schedule, which is a reduced frequency. Plan your times in advance.
- Can I pass out flyers from my business or club to patrons along the parade route?
- Can I sell merchandise, food, or beverages along the parade route?
No. This is a city code and required a permit.
- Can I fly my drone?
Please leave your drones at home! Dallas Pride events are held under federally controlled Class B airspace and are in a no-fly zone. Violators can be arrested by police and fined up to $25,000 by the FAA.
- No outside food or drink allowed.
- Clear bags only as per policy.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person for any reason.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Children must be supervised at all times
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
- What day is the Festival?
Saturday, September 15
- Where is the Festival?
Reverchon Park, Maple Ave. at Turtle Creek Blvd.
- What is the times of the Festival?
11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Can I bring the kids?
Yes, kids are welcome and there is a Family PRIDE Zone inside the Festival designed just for kids. Children must be supervised at all times. Changing stations are available.
- Is there a Teen area?
Yes, Teens are welcome and there is a TEEN PRIDE area inside the Festival designed just for teens 13-19.
- How much does it cost?
$10 for Adults. CASH ONLY. FREE for children under 13 when accompanied by an Adult. The TEEN PRIDE area is FREE for Teens and $5 for Adults when accompanying a Teen.
- When does the entertainment start?
11:00 am on the Community Stage and 11:30 am on the Main Stage
- What time does the Festival end?
- Are animals allowed at the Festival?
No. Only service dogs and pets associated with authorized Pet Adoption vendors.
- Are coolers allowed inside the festival?
No. Food and beverage will be available for purchase inside the festival.
- Will people be allowed to carry firearms at the festival?
No. Due to alcohol sales and to promote safety for all, 30.06 and 30.07 signs will be posted prohibiting both concealed carry and open carry inside the festival.
- Are backpacks or other bags allowed inside the festival?
No. Backpacks are not allowed inside the Festival. However, a clear bag policy has been implemented. Click here for full bag policy PDF
- Where do I park?
Parking is an issue. Some paid lots are available. Street parking fills up fast. For later arrivals, some street parking may be found on side streets off Oak Lawn Ave., Maple Ave. or Cedar Springs Road.
- Where do I get an Uber, Lyft or Taxi?
The drop-0ff and pick-up location for all car services, app-based shared rides and taxi-cabs will be located near the corner of Turtle Creek Blvd. and Fairmont St. (one block off Maple Ave. at the Park entrance).
- How about DART transit?
DART bus line 29 stops at the festival entrance. You can transfer from DART RAIL to 29 at the Downtown West Transfer Station or at the Parkland Station. All DART transit will be running on a Sunday schedule, which is a reduced frequency. Plan your times in advance.
Join our Newsletter
Subscribe to the Dallas Pride newsletter. Stay up-to-date with our notifications.
We do not sell or exchange our email list.